1888-Safewater.com/Quality Water Group is a local residential and commercial water filtration system sales and service company that has been in business for over 20 years.
The business operates across both Nassau and Suffolk counties with one retail location in Nassau. We have a strong, team-oriented culture where individuality is respected. Our main goal is to have a positive impact on the communities in which we operate as we are passionate about providing the best in products and services to all of Long Island.
We are seeking an experienced General Manager to oversee all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the business and to drive the business forward through strategic growth.
You will have:
• Experience as a General Manager or similar manger role for at least 3 years, with seasoned capabilities in leading, managing and motivating a team of at least 10 people
• Solid knowledge of business processes and functions (HR, training and onboarding, compliance, procurement, inventory management, vendor relations, sales, finance, etc.)
• Ability to manage and interpret financial and operational data to fairly evaluate and improve business performance
• Ability to manage a budget, control expenses and develop forecasts
• Aptitude for learning necessary technical knowledge on-the-job (experience in the water filtration industry is not necessary)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, and ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and timely manner
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to strike a balance between learning/humility and decisiveness/tackling conflict head on; using tact, initiative, prudence and independent judgment within general policy, procedural and legal guidelines
• A spirit of ingenuity and innovation and an aptitude for solving problems
• Knowledge of Accounting, Service, Fleet Tracking, Job and CRM systems and the ability to quickly adapt to new technology
Education - College degree, MBA/MBA candidate preferred. Would consider equivalent work experience as an alternative to education requirements.
We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with experience
About Quality Water Group
As the most experienced and technologically advanced water filtration solutions provider on Long Island, we recognize that each residential and business environment is unique – every home, family, business, and customer requires a custom-built water filtration solution. We do not take a cookie-cutter approach, but look at every customer individually.
Importantly, being the exclusive provider for many major manufacturers allows us to completely customize the optimal water filtration solution for every customer. We design drinking water and filtration systems for everything from studio apartments to 10,000 square foot homes to multi-unit dwellings to major factories. We have a solution for every water concern and any budget.