McCormick & Company, Incorporated is a global leader in flavor. Zatarain’s, a leader in New Orleans cuisine owned by McCormick, is seeking a Manufacturing Plant Quality Systems Manager (QSM) at its facility located in Gretna, Louisiana (NOLA area). McCormick operates 9 plants in North America including US plants in Atlanta (GA), Commerce (CA), Gretna (LA), Lakewood Township (NJ), Irving (TX), Hunt Valley (MD) (3 locations) and South Bend (IN) along with international plants in London, Ontario and just north of Mexico City, Mexico. The Quality Systems Manager reports to the Quality Manager II.
With $4 billion in annual sales, McCormick & Company, Incorporated manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and food service businesses. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick Brings Passion to Flavor™. To learn more please visit us at www.mccormickcorporation.com.
As an employer recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services to include, but not limited to tuition assistance, medical & dental plans, disability insurance, group life insurance, 401(k) plan, profit sharing, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave.
Under the general direction of the Quality Manager II, the Quality Systems Manager develops and maintains the Quality Systems for the Gretna manufacturing plant. The QSM is responsible for the maintenance and implementation of all the plant level procedures that affect the quality and/or safety of the products. The position has secondary responsibilities to the procedures in other departments, as well as to the laboratory. The QSM also manages internal, third party, regulatory and customer audits; maintenance and implementation of plant quality systems policies and procedures; customer complaint investigations and responses; and required Quality related training for all employees.
- Leads the development, maintenance, and auditing of the plant Quality systems and specific customer driven programs.
- Leads internal HACCP Team and maintains all aspects of HACCP program.
- Revises and distributes procedural changes to the Quality programs as needed.
- Conducts internal and mock audits and facilitates 3rd party, customer, regulatory, and vendor audits; develops and manages root cause and corrective action program for audit findings.
- Provides customer required documentation including, but not limited to, monthly / quarterly reports, Certificates of Analysis, and customer complaint/inquiry responses.
- Leads the plant in determining the annual Quality Program training needs and assists in the scheduling and implementation of these programs plant wide.
- Primary trainer for GMP, HACCP, and allergens in the plant.
- Maintains and distributes customer specifications.
- Provides leadership with cause, effect and corrective actions required to resolve deviations from customer standards.
- Assists in determining disposition of hold materials using opportunities to reprocess out of specification, obsolete or slow moving materials.
- Interacts with McCormick corporate and customers at any and all levels required to establish and maintain effective business relationships.
- Maintains and updates plant recall program; schedules and conducts traceability exercises.
- Oversees the plant sanitation and GMP compliance through managing the pest control and environmental control programs and auditing the sanitation procedures.
- Administers customer complaint process.
- Administers foreign material control program.
- Administers allergen control program.
- Provides Quality leadership to the plant in the absence of the Quality Manager, and to the lab in the absence of the Quality Team Leader.
- Leads and coordinates internal and external resources (e.g., Corporate and NA Quality, Product Development, Process Development, Packaging Development,) to identify and implement improvement(s), tracking and monitoring project progress, and reporting to site management, steering committee, and team on progress toward project goals
- Manages the Quality Notification Process and including control of raw materials, work in process and finished goods with quality and food safety concerns.