The Engineering Mechanics and Infrastructure group at Simpson Gumpertz & Heger (SGH) has built a solid foundation for advanced engineering services based on experience with complex engineering analyses and design, frequently supported by materials evaluation. Special areas of expertise include failure analysis, wind effects, seismic analysis, soil-structure interaction, dynamic and blast response, structural plastics, composites, metallurgy, and corrosion analysis.
The candidate will be one of the primary staff in materials science and engineering within Simpson Gumpertz & Heger, Inc. He/she will participate in projects that have materials (primarily metals, polymers, and composites) as one of the main issues. These types of projects include: the evaluation and specification of materials and processes for new design; investigation of existing materials applications, failure analysis; and the development of repair recommendations. Applications include structural components and industrial and commercial products. The candidate will be expected to manage tasks, communicate with clients, prepare written reports and presentations, and conduct laboratory and field studies.
- Provide support in selecting materials for structural, mechanical, and building applications.
- Conduct failure analysis of metals, polymers, composites and other structural materials.
- Prepare and present reports and presentations to clients.
- Manage and conduct laboratory tests and analysis.
- Conduct field investigations.