Under general direction, the Senior Program Analyst provides highly complex and comprehensive program coordination, program management, and administrative support in the development, implementation, and administration of the Alameda CTC’s Safe Routes to Schools program and other Alameda CTC programs as needed (e.g. Student Transit Pass program, Paratransit program, TDM program). The Senior Analyst will oversee the day to day operations of programs; oversee, manage, and regularly coordinate with contractors; foster cooperative working relationships and act as liaison with various community, public, and regulatory agencies, including schools, school districts, and local jurisdictions for the Safe Routes to Schools Program; analyze programmatic practices and procedures and make recommendations for operational, policy, and procedural improvements; oversee and conduct program evaluations; and develop, summarize, and maintain administrative and fiscal records. In addition, this position requires the ability to oversee and conduct needs analyses, feasibility studies, and evaluations for assigned projects and programs; and foster cooperative working relationships and act as liaison with various community, public, and regulatory agencies.
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Understand advanced principles and practices of transportation program development and administration.
- Have experience with and/or knowledge of Safe Routes to Schools Programs.
- Have experience with contract management and program administration.
- Understand current trends in transportation programming.
- Have strong project and/or program management skills, and knowledge of analytical processes, and report preparation techniques.
- Possess excellent knowledge of research and reporting methods, techniques, and procedures and be able to run complex transportation program and project studies.
Key Responsibilities (not a comprehensive listing)
- Plans, oversees, administers, and coordinates all aspects of Alameda CTC’s Safe Routes to Schools and assists with other programs, such as the Affordable Student Transit Pass program, Transportation Demand Management, and other planning efforts as needed.
- Develops strategic direction, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and work standards for Alameda CTC’s Safe Routes to School program and for other programs as directed.
- Conducts a variety of analytical and operational studies and analyses regarding the program; identifies, plans, develops, and implements new or revised protocols, systems, procedures, and methods of operation; compiles and analyzes data and makes recommendations.
- Directly manages and directs the work of multiple consultants and contractors to effectively implement the Safe Routes to School program and other programs, including establishing priorities, milestones, and program monitoring processes to ensure the consultants/contractors are meeting established goals and objectives.
- Prepares and submits program summaries and reports for staff, committees, the Board, and other audiences; prepares various other regulatory, committee, and staff reports, resolutions, ordinances, and correspondence regarding assigned activities.
For full details on this opportunity visit our website at http://www.alamedactc.org/app_pages/view/11174