PBS Engineering and Environmental, Inc., is a regionally distinguished and growing engineering and environmental consulting firm in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho. Founded in 1982, our 200-plus person firm has a history of successfully serving major clients throughout the Pacific Northwest.
As a leader in providing consulting engineering services in the Northwest, we are currently seeking a qualified individual for the following open position in our Portland, Oregon office:
CIVIL PROJECT ENGINEER / PROJECT MANAGER
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years’ experience as a consulting engineer providing design and project management of land development and municipal projects.
Specific qualifications and abilities should include:
- A solid understanding of civil design and construction standards, and environmental conditions / constraints.
A proven history of meeting project deadlines and budgets.
- Demonstrated skills developing relationships with local municipalities and utilities
- Familiarity with local code requirements
- Flexibility and creativity in engineering approaches
- Proficient skills in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, hydrology modeling and MS software applications required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with clients, staff and management.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Plan, administer and design small to medium size civil projects.
- Manage design staff as lead engineer on project tasks.
Provide leadership in efficient and constructability design of civil projects.
- Establish and maintain client relationships; ensure client satisfaction and ensure that client objectives are met.
- Participate in business development opportunities.
- Participate in professional organizations and function.
- Mentor young professionals.
- Estimate and budget labor hours for design projects; review job costing reports.
A Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering and professional registration is required (Washington and/or Oregon PE minimum), licenses in other states a plus.
PBS has offices across the Northwest. We are committed to fostering a work environment that is conducive to the personal and professional growth of each employee. This is accomplished through a company philosophy that combines teamwork, open communication and diverse projects. Many of our projects involve a number of consultants and contractors, requiring a collaborative team effort. We pride ourselves on our project management approach and experience.
PBS offers employment opportunities to experienced professionals who are excited by the challenges of meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations. We offer an excellent benefit package including vacation and holiday pay, medical/vision/dental/disability and life insurance, and 401(k).
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Do you meet the qualifications above? Submit your cover letter and resume with salary requirements for this position via our website here.