A Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering is required. Candidates must be licensed or be prepared to achieve licensure as a Professional Engineer in the State of Missouri.
Over nine (9) years of experience in highway or transportation engineering.
An understanding of best practices for traffic management and traffic operations; a passion for highway safety and the ability to invigorate and motivate others to action.
An outstanding track record in supporting and advancing innovative engineering ideas related to traffic management and operations and championing highway safety efforts to reduce fatalities on our transportation system and generating momentum for safety initiatives will be considered a plus.
Over nine (9) years of experience in highway or transportation engineering, to include:
- Proven experience setting policy and strategic direction related to program/project quality, legislative initiatives, innovations, safety, and outreach; communicates department policies, strategic directions, and priorities.
- Providing technical assistance and guidance to state agencies, local organizations, and district and division offices; leading the identification and implementation of best practices, including successful utilization of innovative mechanisms.
- Providing quality assurance of traffic management, traffic operations, and highway safety policies and functions.
- An effective and persuasive public speaker with positive experience dealing with the media, stakeholders, cities, counties, deferral and state agencies, elected officials, and other public and private individuals and entities.
- Developing, implementing, and championing program plans for traffic management and operations and highway safety based on department policies and overall objectives; monitors and adjusts progress toward achievement of goals.
The selected finalist must be a U.S. citizen and be or become a resident of the state of Missouri.
A person of high professional ethics and personal integrity (honest, trustworthy, sincere, respectful, empathetic) with good common sense, compassion, a willingness to embrace and model MoDOT’s departmental values, and who understands and fosters inclusiveness.
Progressive leadership ability, as exemplified by thinking strategically and acting tactically.
A results-oriented, positive personality with strong energy and drive, who is a motivator, an innovator, and who has the ability to move others to action.
A high degree of political acumen, including diplomacy; approachability; and the people skills necessary to genuinely relate to, educate, invigorate, influence, and negotiate with various coalitions and constituencies regarding traffic and highway safety in the state of Missouri.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V