E. & J. Gallo Winery?
The E. & J. Gallo Winery was founded by two entrepreneurs—Ernest and Julio Gallo with a vision to democratize wine in the United States becoming the largest winery in the world. This spirit continues today, where Gallo offers opportunities where we value innovation, collaboration, and creative thinking.
Do you enjoy data? Do you enjoy turning data into insights that drive business decisions and business strategies? Gallo Statisticians work across all aspects of the R&D platform,such as Grape Growing, Precision Agriculture, Winemaking, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Process Technology, and Sensory Science. Do you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented environment? .
As a Senior Statistician, R&D, you will be responsible for data analytical support, which includes collaborating with internal stakeholders, external partners, and cross-functional team members to shape and implement current and new research strategies and align on turning analysis results into business recommendations. You will lead the development and implementation of research strategies for key corporate platforms, including reporting tools and dashboards. Your success will require the use of a wide range of analysis and reporting/data visualization techniques as well as concise communication and interpersonal skills
What You Will Do-
Research Strategy and Statistical Analysis:
- Using experimental and research design strategies, you will design and execute research strategies to support our research and development programs.
- Evaluate key platforms by independently performing data analysis using methods including segmentation, ANOVA, regression based modeling, mixed modeling, partial least squares, structural equation modeling, attribution modeling, machine learning, etc. Many data sets include spatial and/or temporal auto-correlation with non-normal data. Based on the results of the research, you will make recommendations to the business for ways to continually improve strategies to address corporate objectives
Data Management and Reporting:
- Be part of a team monitoring our data ecosystem that will help us evaluate new applications, provide recommendations regarding changes to current data collection tools and sources, monitor how changes to metric definition and data sources might impact current research and modeling strategies and approaches
- Partner with a variety of our cross-functional partners such as viticulture, chemistry, genetics, enology, process technology, grape supply, and grower relations, to execute, interpret, and implement research results
- Lead the development and implementation of reporting processes and dashboard platforms and this will enable you to communicate scientific findings to field practitioners, enologists, chemists, and other members of the broader organization
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future