PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as Project Manager and/or Senior Professional on forensic consulting and design work.
- Provides mentorship and professional development to other professional, technical, clerical and support staff employees.
- Participates in monitoring our professional practice, including QA/QC, to insure it is in substantial compliance with generally accepted practice.
- Prepares or assists in proposal submittals.
- Plans, coordinates and documents satisfactory training of local engineering and technical staff.
- Reviews documents as needed.
- Prepares technical reports and/or plans and specifications on Forensic projects.
- Understand, adhere and participate in the Raba Kistner Health and Safety and (BBS) Behavior Based Safety Programs and set a good safety example.
- Other duties as assigned by Direct Report.
- Reviews for approval prebilling invoices and prepares final invoicing as required.
- Approves and directs project purchases as required.
- Within the first six-month period, achieve average chargeability goal of not less than 65 percent.
- Assists and supports Direct Report in workload and financial forecasting and planning. Manages forensic projects within Engineering Services in a fiscally responsible manner. Reviews monthly project reports with Direct Report and takes appropriate action when required.
- Participates with Direct Report in collection of past due invoices.
- Plans and effectively utilizes managerial skills to advance the department’s profitability and the effectiveness of the forensic staff.
- Assists with preparation of Statement of Qualifications and Proposals for the San Antonio Engineering Services group.
- Provides a leadership role in expanding our professional practice in the San Antonio market, ultimately expanding this service line to other regional office locations. This will involve direct marketing with Clients that are identified in a structured marketing program.
- Works with the Direct Report and Corporate Development in coordinating local business development programs.
- Notifies Direct Report and Chairman of the Board of all potential disputes that may lead to legal claims or litigation.
- Support Chairman of the Board as requested to settle disputes or defend against litigation.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in the design and construction industry, with an emphasis on structural engineering.
- Must be a licensed engineer in the State of Texas.
- Ability to travel to project sites and maneuver over rough and uneven terrain.
- Good oral communication skills to interact with clients and staff successfully. Speaking with clarity and understanding skills are a necessity to prevent costly and time-consuming problems.
- Good written communication skills for preparing proposals, reports, and other engineering documents.
- Good organizational skills to utilize company resources efficiently and effectively.
- Possess valid Texas driver’s license and meet company’s auto insurability requirements.
- Management skills to supervise project teams and monitor and evaluate progress of projects.
- Walking, standing, crawling, kneeling, climbing, and repeated bending as needed while working on sites.
- Distinguish colors and shades of color for identification and analysis.
- Heavy lifting and carrying (45+ lbs.) of tools and equipment.
- Ability to comply with attendance and tardy requirements as dictated by the needs of our clients.
- Works in a normal office environment and also works outside and is subject to weather conditions.
- Potential exposure to movement of heavy equipment on construction sites and hazards of dangerous chemical/solvents exposure that may require proper safety procedures be followed.
- Exposed to noise, dust, fumes, grease and oils, radiant and electrical energy, and vibration.
- May work protracted or irregular hours due to client needs.
- Occupational safety and health 40-hour training course or ability to pass course.
- Exposed to noise, dust, fumes, grease and oils, radiant and electrical energy.
- Work related responsibilities require travel out of town to Raba Kistner offices, client offices, and project locations.
Must pass a drug test prior to employment and will be subject to post-accident, random, and reasonable cause testing during employment.
Apply: www.rkci.com (COMPLETE APPLICATION AND UPLOAD RESUME FOR CONSIDERATION)
HR Contact: Mary Clark 210-694-3625
Raba Kistner supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.