EXECUTIVE HR SOLUTIONS IS WORKING WITH A CLIENT TO IDENTIFY AND HIRE A FULL-TIME, EXPERIENCED ELECTRICAL ENGINEER FOR A GLOBAL ENGINEERING FIRM LOCATED IN PITTSBURGH, PA. THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL NEED TO POSSESS THE EDUCATION, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE LISTED BELOW.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Electrical Engineer works with Project Engineers and Senior Staff to develop electrical power and control designs for industrial systems. The Electrical Engineer leads a project team on the delivery of engineering work and ensures the engineering design adheres to the appropriate company standards, QA/QC requirements, and project location codes and standards. The Electrical Engineer interfaces with the project manager, process engineer, mechanical designers, and other engineers to integrate the electrical engineering design into the requirements of each project and manages the electrical portion of the project to established schedule and budget.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensures safety in design by performance of design calculations in accordance with local codes and standards, and checking of engineering design drawings to ensure conformance to codes and standards
· Manages the electrical engineering project team in the production of engineering deliverables for a project
· Produces project specifications and scope of work for proposals and estimating
· Reads and interprets drawings and specifications
· Develops/designs electrical single lines, schematics, connection diagrams, lighting layouts, grounding plans and control panel layouts
· Develops PLC and HMI layouts and programs
· Networks/communicates with various automation hardware/software
· Assists with commissioning (start-ups)
· Performs other electrical engineering design calculations as required for the completion of projects.
· Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
· Mentors junior engineers and designers
· Interacts with client engineers and representatives in project meetings
It is the policy of EHR and all of our clients to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. Reasonable accommodations in the application process are available for individuals with disabilities. We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity. As part of the employment application process, individuals will be asked to authorize EHR to conduct background and reference checks, which may include criminal conviction checks, investigating and verification concerning employment and work performance (current and former), education, military service and other background information, including character information, that EHR in its sole discretion deems appropriate.
B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering
· Registered as a licensed Professional Engineer in PA or WV.
· Formal CAD training desirable.
· Experienced Electrical Engineer with 7+ years of experience.
· Minimum five (5) years of experience in Design Engineering for industrial type facilities with various hazardous area classifications, motors, starters and VFDs.
· Proficient with AutoCAD desirable; Microsoft Office suite of products required.
· Proficient with various control systems hardware and software.
· Must be familiar with National Electrical Code (NEC) and have experience in developing designs in compliance with NEC.
· Ability to work well in a team environment.
· Travel to job sites as required.
Additional Salary Information: Salary is contingent on the experience of the applicant.