INGENIA | Talent Solutions is acting as adviser to Aztec Engineering on the search & selection of a Traffic Group Leader in Southern California
WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER THIS OPPORTUNITY
Did you know that AZTEC ENGINEERING (www.aztec.us) is a is a full-service engineering and environmental design firm recognized as ENR’s 2015 Southwest Design Firm of the Year? Did you know that AZTEC ENGINEERING is part of the joint venture that recently won the I-15 Improvement project team, together with Skanska and Ames? This is a powerhouse team with a great track record of successfully delivering design-build infrastructure projects. AZTEC ENGINEERING will lead and manage the design from the co-located project offices in Santa Ana and Corona.
Consider joining us as a Traffic Group Leader. We are looking for somebody like you, with solid engineering experience to secure a successful I-15 project implementation and the appetite to grow a traffic engineering consulting practice in California, developing your own team. You will join a company that offers the “best of both worlds”… challenging work in a very efficient environment, without the hassle of large organizations but with the financial and operational support from a well-established engineering group.
o Aztec Is part of the TYPSA Group, an established international firm with five decades of consulting engineering services in more than 50 countries – a testament to the long-term financial stability and reputation.
o Aztec has a steady client base and growth
o Aztec has strong reputation in the market for building permanent relationships by providing superior value.
WHAT YOU WILL DOING
Overall: Based in Southern California (Santa Ana and Corona) and reporting to the California Transportation Division Leader, as a Traffic Group Leader you will lead and perform a full range of professional transportation engineering assignments in a full-functioning capacity; you and your team will be responsible for designing and managing municipal and state traffic engineering projects for streets/highways/freeways. You will perform traffic analysis, studies and preliminary engineering, transportation planning, and develop final design plans for traffic signals, ITS, lighting, signing, pavement marking, traffic control and construction sequencing.
Going more granular, you will…
• Apply broad understanding of civil engineering and other fields to reach innovative and interdependent solutions
• Design of MOT, signing & marking, signals, lighting, ITS and all related documentation necessary for construction of plans.
• Conduct traffic analysis, safety audits, traffic impact studies, traffic signal timing, traffic signal design and calculations forming the basis of design recommendations.
• Generate clear and concise technical reports summarizing analysis findings, description of the issues, and recommendations with supporting rationale.
• Read and interpret engineering plans, specifications and reports
• Prepares and checks plans, calculations, cost estimates and recommendations
• Experience speaking to the public and interacting with local and state agencies is preferred.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
o At least, 3 last years in Southern California
o Caltrans, County and/or Municipal experience
- Experience in the industry of Intelligence Transportation Systems (ITS)
- Marketing experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering
- California PE license
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (MBA, Transportation, Structural Engineering, etc)
- Affiliated to ITE (Institute of Transportation Engineers)
AZTEC ENGINEERING is a is a full-service engineering and environmental design firm recognized as ENR’s 2015 Southwest Design Firm of the Year. AZTEC ENGINEERING is part of the joint venture that recently won the I-15 Improvement project team, together with Skanska and Ames.
INGENIA Talent Solutions is a Boston-based retained search firm, with permanent presence in Houston and Miami focused on... the selection of middle-managers and qualified professionals. Our ultimate purpose is to help building healthy and sustainable organizations; we dedicate our efforts to attract and select the required talent in a fresh way, adapted to the reality of modern work dynamics. We collaborate with Human Resources & Business Line managers so that they can invest more time on people´s development, engagement, satisfaction and productivity. INGENIA | Talent Solutions operates under the attractiveness of a start-up business model with an entrepreneurship, innovative and challenging mindset.
INGENIA is part of Seeliger & Conde, a leading firm dedicated to the search and development of management talent with an international vision and strategy and more than 20 years of experience, with 12 offices in 8 countries. Seeliger & Conde US is headquartered in Miami, with offices in Houston & Puerto Rico